Grilled Peach and Burrata Salad with 2018 Napa Valley Sauvignon Blanc
Grilled Peach and Burrata Salad with Marcona Almond Vinaigrette
From the kitchen of our very own Club Wine Educator, Ari Spiewak: [email protected]
- 2 peaches, ripe, semi-firm, pitted, and halved
- 1/3 cup Marcona almonds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons Champagne vinegar, plus 1 teaspoon
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 small shallot, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon chives, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup toasted nut oil (almond, hazelnut, or walnut)
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 cups salad greens (baby arugula, mache, and microgreens suggested)
- 2 (8 oz) balls of fresh burrata cheese, cut in half
- Heat the grill to a medium/high temperature.
- To make the vinaigrette, roughly chop the almonds into 1/8th-inch pieces. In a bowl, whisk together the vinegar, mustard, honey, shallot, chives, and the almonds. Slowly drizzle 1/4 cup of oil until loosely emulsified. Season with salt and pepper as desired.
- To prepare the salad, lightly coat the cut side of the peach halves with a drizzle of the olive oil and vinegar. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Place the peaches on the grill, cut side down, over direct medium-high heat. Grill on each side for about 3-4 minutes. The peaches should be tender, but not falling apart. Peel off the skin and cut into 2 wedges. In a large bowl, toss the salad greens and vinaigrette until lightly coated. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Place the dressed salad greens in the center of the serving platter. Arrange the halves of burrata cut side down, and the grilled peaches on top of the salad greens. Drizzle with the remaining vinaigrette and finish with a garnish of chopped almonds as desired. Serve immediately. Enjoy with a bottle of our 2018 Napa Valley Sauvignon Blanc. Servings: 4 appetizer or 2 main course.
Chef’s Note: Grilled shrimp or scallops would be a lovely addition to this salad. Substitute extra virgin olive oil if you cannot find a toasted nut oil for the vinaigrette.