serves about 4
- 1/2 bunch fresh mint, chopped
- 1 1/2 lbs. ground lamb
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- Pinch of ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 3 tablespoons olive oil + more for brushing
- 4 ciabatta rolls/ hamburger buns/ whole wheat pitas
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1 small red onion, sliced into rings
- Nick’s Spicy Tzatziki Sauce (recipe below)
Combine first 7 ingredients and half of olive oil in a mixing bowl, incorporating well. Next divide the mixture into four even balls, then shape into patties about 3/4 inch thick. Cook on grill over medium heat, roughly 4 minutes per side or until desired doneness. Turn grill to medium low. Brush sliced bun option with olive oil and grill until golden brown, about 1 1/2 minutes. Top bun with burger, spinach, and onion.
- 2 cup Greek style yogurt
- 1 English cucumber, seeded and small diced
- 2 tablespoons Kosher Salt
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- 1 package (1/4 bunch) of fresh dill
- 2-3 tablespoons of Harissa, depending on how hot you like it!
Place all ingredients in food processor or blender, puree until fully incorporated. Use as a condiment with a lamb burger, falafel or anything else!