I’m sure by now most of you know we have a tasting room in San Francisco at the Westin St. Francis. But, did you know we have a great presence throughout the city in other venues where you can enjoy CM wines? Here’s a list of few standouts you need to visit:
- 5A5 Steakhouse on Jackson St. – Set in a beautiful neighborhood, this unique restaurant features Wagyu beef (graded at various levels) and you can order your steak by the ounce to your specifications. Remember, Wagyu beef is rich; you don’t need to order typical American sizes of like a 28 oz porterhouse to truly fill you up. Hip, vibrant, great food (don’t forget the Hamachi shooters to start), and our Napa Cab by the glass!
- Four Seasons – For those who have not dined in a high-quality hotel before, let me explain (since I used to be in hotel business, I know!), some of these hotel restaurants offer the best quality of food you can get. They might not have a flagged celebrity chef behind it, but trust me, their quality of ingredients are second to none. These hotel restaurants are often loss leaders as far as the hotel ledger is concerned, but they provide this as part of the service to their guests who demand quality. What’s great is that you don’t have to be a hotel guest to enjoy this. I had the privilege to dine there last week – they easily match, if not top, some of the well- known eateries in town. Yes, you can also get our Napa Cab by the glass there too!
- John’s Grill - Comfort food with tradition. The old Dashiell Hammett (of Maltese Falcon fame) hangout is one of the oldest restaurants in the city and still serves up a blast-from-the-past menu.
- WaterBar – On the Embarcadero. As part of Pat Kuleto’s restaurant conglomerate, you know the ambiance/setting will be spectaular, and that’s even before you take in a breathtaking view of the Bay Bridge. Some of the freshest seafood/oysters that go perfectly with our Chardonnay.
- Wayfare Tavern – Tyler Florence’s presence on Sacramento Street was a hit from the start. True tavern food, lively setting, and service that is both thorough and formal while being personal and fun. Contradiction, you say? Go there and you’ll know what I mean. And use it as your cheat day and order the fried chicken.
- Oak Room – Set within the Westin St. Francis (see above, Four Seasons). Another hotel restaurant that promises some top quality food using some of the best ingredients. It’s a shame how so many visitors clamor to the famous restaurants in the city and ignore these gems within the hotels. Trust me, stop fighting the crowds, and dine in the hotels…
So you see, I love my wine, but I just can’t get enough of the city and food!
Bon Appetit and cheers!