¾ cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
½ cup butter, melted
½ cup Chateau Montelena Estate Zinfandel
¾ cup good quality cocoa powder (such as Ghirardelli)
¾ cup all-purpose flour
¼ teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
⅓ cup chocolate chips (bittersweet is best)
½ cup Zinfandel Ganache (recipe follows)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a mixer or bowl, whisk together the eggs, sugar, vanilla and then Zinfandel. Add the melted butter and whisk to blend. Mix the dry ingredients together, next add dry mix to stir these into wet mixture. Add the chocolate chips and spread the mixture into a greased pan. Bake for 20 minutes, or until a toothpick in the center comes out clean.
Zinfandel Chocolate Ganache
12 oz. semi-sweet chocolate morsels
½ cup heavy whipping cream
6 Tbsp butter
½ cup Zinfandel
1. In a small saucepan, heat cream and butter almost to the boiling stage (but don’t boil it).
2. Pour over the chocolate morsels.
3. Let stand about 30 seconds and stir until smooth (2-3 minutes probably)
4. Add Zinfandel and stir until completely combined and smooth.
5. Drizzle over brownies and allow to cool, enjoy!
©2014 Nick Rugen Chateau Montelena