5 lbs -Short ribs
2 ea - 64 fl oz bottles of Cranberry juice
1 ea - Orange
4 ea - Thyme sprigs
4 ea - Oregano sprigs
4 ea - Basil leaves
1 ea - Onion
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cut orange in half, quarter onion.
3. Season short ribs on all sides with salt and pepper, sear to keep in moisture.
4. Place seared ribs in dish to braise, fill half way up the side of ribs with juice.
5. Add the orange, onion, and herbs.
6. Braise for 2.5 hours, uncovered.
7. After time is up, remove as much liquid as possible and add fresh cranberry juice.
8. Repeat steps six and seven one more time, cook for a total of about 7.5 hours or until tender and easy to pull apart .
*The continual changing of braising liquid makes for a very intense flavor in the meat.
*Any juice can be used, depending on the flavors you’re looking for.